Covid-19: Georgina Louise safety measures
This is not the typical blog post from me, but an important one for any of you attending the studio for fittings at Georgina Louise.
All of you brides will have received a downloadable sheet with the safety measures in place for reopening in summer.
Once covered, we can enjoy your fitting on a one-to-one basis. The Covid-19 is an extraordinary situation, and this is necessary to ensure your safety and mine, and to minimise the risk of transmission.
- DO NOT come into the studio if you or anyone in your households develops symptoms as listed: a high temperature, a new or consistent cough, a loss or change in taste or smell, a runny nose or generally feeling unwell. I am being very flexible with appointments and they can be rearranged with immediate effect, please do not come in and risk it if you are even doubting these.
- The studio will be rearranged to provide a larger fitting area to comply to social distancing as much as possible. As you can appreciate, you cannot social distance during close pinning and helping you in your dress.
- There will be a 15 minute pinning time in your appointment. This is to minimise the close contact.
- I will be limiting all appointments until further notice for only yourself to attend. Guests may be allowed later on in the year to one guest per bride.
- Masks/face coverings must be worn by you when attending any appointment. Please source these yourself and wear when entering the building.
- I will politely ask you to wash your hands before entering the studio. There is hand washing facilities towards the rear of the studio.
- During all appointments I will be wearing a disposable face mask, clear shield, disposable apron and gloves.
- You will need to wear your chosen undergarments to your appointment, these cannot be changed into at your appointment.
- The appointment is for garment fitting only, sadly there will be no trying on of veils, accessories, jewellery. This is to minimise contact time and due to limited appointments.
- Fittings will be limited to 50 minutes. This is to allow time for deep cleaning in between appointments.
- The studio will be fully cleaned before and after each appointment. We are using top quality disinfectants and have removed all ornaments in the fitting area.
- No refreshments will be given during appointments. Please remember a water bottle! The studio does get hot in summer so this is a must.
- After your fitting, your dress will be left for 72 hours before I can start work on it. I can sanitise with steam, however this incurs an extra cost. This is only for short turnarounds.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the studio. There will be a laminated sheet with all steps on the door of the studio for your reassurance.
I'd like to reassure any of my clients, I have been working very hard behind the scenes to ensure the studio will be ready for reopening. I've got this list pretty much off the top of my head! As a dressmaker/seamstress/designer, and the nature of fittings, the advice given to beauty of hair salons is the closest to bridal studios in my opinion. I have completed the BARBICIDE Covid-19 Certification and this can be viewed at the studio.
I aim to reassure any of my brides due to have an appointment with myself. I cannot wait to get back into the studio and get cracking with work and seeing you all!